Thursday 23 February 2017

Gene Mining and the Eunuch Phenomenon

Gene Mining and the Eunuch Phenomenon

I have a confession to make.

I fathered a hundred children.

Don't get this wrong. I am not promiscuous at all, nor has there been a time in my life when I was.

I am the kind of man who falls in love with the woman I am dating. I love the one I am with, as the song goes. All of my relationships with the ones I loved were long lasting. They ended due to circumstances beyond the control of either one involved. I have children from these relationships, a daughter in the first one, a son in the second, then two girls in the third.

The hundred children I am talking about fathering were conceived by artificial means and though I the sperm is mine, I was not involved in the sperm donor part.

This is to say I never went anywhere to donate sperm. My sperm was taken then given or sold to sperm banks without my consent. This was done by females I went to bed with.

You may wonder what kind of person does this, more specifically how they knew that my sperm was worth anything at all. And though it is possible to make hundreds of kids from just a spoonful of sperm, it entailed many donations in my case because, as I was made aware, it wasn't just one woman who made the donation.

Now, how were they all led to this action?

I did wonder too when it was revealed to me by strange men who turned up at a spot I frequented. Strange men in a place they have never been to before talking strange things? lets just call them operatives or secret agents.

Just why they felt like letting me in on this secret I will never know. It is a strange or courageous, maybe foolish thing for someone to do when you realise the secrecy to which these men must have been sworn, but stranger things have happened in life.

They made no mistake about making it very clear they were talking about me.

Something in me gave when this was revealed to me, as it would in any man. The question on my mind then was why ... Why would someone do this to another man?

The answer to this question was one I actually already knew. It was blowing in the wind, as the saying goes.

Gene mining.

We may no longer take such concepts as miscegenation, or the opposite, which would mean encouragement of mixing for the sake of enriching the gene pool or, kind of paraphrased, the reason men ended up as eunuchs, for instance the Ethiopian Eunuch from the Bible while his sister would probably have ended up wed to a local man who didn't mind having 10 children with her.

Taking good genes from other races was something that was regularly done in the world of old, as was preventing those considered inferior from breeding into a tribe or group, hence the Eunuchs.

And we should all wonder at Alexander the so called Great. Was his father really the man who tried to kill him or was he the son of some warrior from ancient Egypt who was raised in a royal household because his warrior genes could prove useful some day?

It came as a surprise to me that gene mining was still an issue in this day and age because, clearly, someone had considered my genes worthy of adding to the greater gene pool of the population I had adopted without letting me know, without my consent. Someone was liable to get their genetic qualities abused.

And then it occurred to me that I did actually get to see some of the children from this wrong-doing.

Once while selling toys at a concert in the South of Holland, and don't ask how I ended up doing this, a woman approached my stand holding a toddler. A boy. They admired the toys displayed on the table but, while the boy retained interest, the woman decided to go and, as she left, the child in her arms made such violent turns in attempts to fix his eyes on what he liked on the table he made the woman lose her balance. And for a while there, I was afraid she was going to fall.

That ... the disproportionate show of strength given she had so much more weight than him ... was just like me at the age. And there was another thing ... he didn't start protesting like most babies would. I wondered whether he, like me at the age, believed the adults knew better than we little ones and it was foolish to protest. He did look like he controlled his emotions to me.

The second encounter was at a bus stop in London, shortly after Blair, the former Prime Minister, touched on the issue of sperm banks and anonymous donors.

A mother disembarked with two daughters who looked to be just below the teen age. Upon sight of me, one, then both called out daddy. As embarrassing an encounter as this was, the mother simply kept on walking, ignoring what was happening behind her, drawing the girls after her.

I stood transfixed as the driver asked whether I was boarding or not, and through it all, I noticed how much both of them resembled me, right down to my elongated nose and, starring as they walked behind their mum, I noticed their gait was shuffly, like mine.

At the time, I thought it was the resemblance that had made them think I was their father, but then in life people can resemble each other without this meaning they are related. And so I let that go, but would return to it after being told about my sperm being an item at local sperm banks.

I know for a fact that there are a number of kids running around in Europe who may not know their father, or they have been adopted by a man who has taken a role as their dad, who are in fact my children, and I believe that there are a good number of these ... maybe hundreds?

You see, as a conscious man, one who understands such needs, I take the words of those agents seriously.

1 comment:

Mukazo Vunda said...

Loads of mistakes in this piece that I cannot correct
right now because I am restricted to mobile browsers that have no access to the edit forms. For example, the term "revelation" would have been a
better alternative to "confession", even if,
because I have kept this to myself for so long, I have
become complicit hence can speak of the act of
revealing this harboured reality as a confession, even
when I would have to qualify the meaning with a bit
more verbiage. Some paragraphs down, I leave a
number of thoughts incomplete. Good thing is what I want to say is clear, so ... even though I cannot use
the mobile browsers at my disposal, the only current
means I have to access the net then edit the post, I will not do what many will find the reasonable thing to do by such sensitive communications where you do not want to take the risk of a wrong impression. I will not delete it, but will wait until I get to a
computer terminal where it will be possible for me to
edit the post. Wonder why Google has made it
impossible to edit posts on the go, or at least create a mobile version of the blog editing section, even one with limited features. You need to open
a desktop browser like Safari, Internet Explorer, or
Chrome to be able to edit posts.